At the Olympic Games of London, individually, watch out for Ana Camila Vargas Palomo, who is competing in women’s rowing single sculls representing El Salvador.
She already advanced to the quarterfinals through the repechage stage with a time of 7:53:38, which will take place on Tuesday 31, 2012.
This twenty-six-year-old energetic, dedicated, experienced and ambitious athlete has participated at high-level competitions and tournaments, such as:
- 2008 Beijing Olympic Games
- Andalucía’s League 2008. 1st Place in women’s single sculls 1000mts.
- Pan-American Games 2007 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. 3rd Place women’s single sculls.
- Uruguayan Championship 2005, Colonia, Uruguay. 1st Place in women’s single sculls 2000mts, and 1st Place women’s single sculls 500mts.
- Spain Cup 2005 Xochimilco, México. 1st Place in women’s quadruple sculls, and 4th Place in women’s four sculls.
- Argentinian Championship 2004, Tigre, Argentina. 1st Place in women’s double sculls rookie level.
- Among many others.
Curiously, Camila was born in Falcón, Venezuela, but was nationalized Salvadorian because there is where she was introduced and did sailing for the first time, and also her mother is from El Salvador. Camila resides and trains in Seville, Spain, and is known for having unbelievable and admirable will power, which helps her row against the best female rowers of the world.
Best luck to Camila. Keep making us proud!
- Y gracias por no fumar!
|Ana Camila Vargas Palomo honored to be carrying |
the Olympic torch. Picture from her on website